Greek food is my absolute favorite! I love the flavors and abundance of vegetables used in Greek dishes. Today I’m sharing with you my favorite sheet pan meal with a Greek twist; a sheet pan greek lemon chicken.
Whenever anyone asks my favorite recipe, it’s always a sheet pan meal. They’re easy to make and a total crowd pleaser. You can easily substitute any vegetables on the pan for what you have on hand and the flavor options are endless. The best part? Toss that sheet pan in the oven for a bit and when the timer buzzes, your whole dinner is hot and ready all at once, no timing games necessary.
I used fresh herbs for the greek lemon marinade, but if you don’t have fresh herbs in your kitchen, dried herbs always do the trick! When substituting fresh herbs with dried, you’ll want to use about one-third of the amount listed.
Another question I’ve received on these sheet pan recipes is about the type of chicken! I typically like to use bone-in chicken thighs with the skin. I enjoy the crispy skin, but most importantly- bone-in chicken takes longer to cook than boneless.
Boneless chicken takes about 20 minutes to cook, compared to the 35 minutes for bone-in. Typically if I’m involving root vegetables, they need the extra time to cook too. You’re welcomed to try this sheet pan Greek lemon chicken with boneless chicken, but I would recommend cooking the vegetables for 15-20 minutes before adding the chicken to your sheet pan!
- 3 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 c fresh oregano
- 1/4 c fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 zucchini, chopped into one-inch rounds, then halved
- 1/2 large yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, chopped into one-inch chunks
- 3 small red potatoes
- 1/4 c feta cheese
- 1/3 c olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil whole potatoes in 2 c water for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine marinade of herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.
- Add chicken and toss to coat evenly. Add vegetables and toss well to combine.
- Once cool, cube red potatoes into one-inch chunks and toss in marinade.
- Pour mixing bowl contents out onto a large baking tray. Top with lemon slices (optional).
- Bake for 35 minutes, then broil for 1 minute before removing from the oven.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and toss olives in the mix. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 680Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 1510mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 39g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.