Cauliflower does it again! While it’s not my favorite vegetable, I do adore how versatile cauliflower can be. It does offer a good amount of Vitamin C and fiber. Today I tossed cauliflower florets in a homemade whole 30 ranch mix for a whole 30 ranch roasted cauliflower. It is officially my FAVORITE cauliflower dish I have made thus far.
I used the same spices and herbs to toss my cauliflower with olive oil before roasting and again later mixed with avocado oil mayonnaise for a creamy ranch dressing. We had fresh parsley in the house, so I used that, but feel free to substitute with dried.
Toppings are also optional, but I’m always a fan. Here I used turkey bacon, scallions, creamy whole 30 ranch and a little cheddar cheese (cheese is not whole 30! This is totally optional, so feel free to skip it).
I was never a huge creamy ranch fan before, but avocado oil mayonnaise has brought a whole new flavor to my palate that I never knew existed. Of course, if you’re not on the whole 30 and you’d like to use typical mayonnaise, that’ll do too! You’re also welcomed to use pork bacon, rather than turkey bacon. My recipes are always aiming for simplicity and I love using substitutes, so you should feel welcomed to too!
WHOLE 30 RANCH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Prep time: 25 minutes
1 whole cauliflower head, broken into florets
4 tbsp fresh parsley (sub dried)
3 tbsp dried dill
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
1 tbsp olive oil
2 stalks scallions, chopped
2 slices turkey bacon, sliced
1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese (optional, omit for whole 30)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450°F and grease a baking sheet or skillet. I used parchment paper for easy clean up!
2. Mix all herbs and spices in a small bowl. Divide into two. One bowl will be mixed with mayonnaise for creamy ranch and the other with olive oil to coat the cauliflower. Use a large bowl for the olive oil mix.
3. Toss cauliflower florets in olive oil ranch mix and transfer to skillet. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
4. While the cauliflower bakes, sauté bacon and let cool. Slice into strips. Chop scallions.
5. If adding cheese, remove cauliflower from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese. Place back in oven for 2 minutes.
6. Remove cauliflower from oven and toss with bacon strips and chopped scallions. Drizzle with mayonnaise ranch mixture.
Loved this WHOLE 30 RANCH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER and looking for more whole 30 friendly recipes? Check out my CRISPY OKRA FRIES & SPICY GARLIC AIOLI, SHEET PAN CITRUS CHICKEN, SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE, CRISPY CARROT FRIES AND GARLIC DIP and ROOT VEGETABLE ZOODLE SOUP.